Job Ttle: Director, Human Resources (Country Office)
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a seven-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The Director, Human Resources (Country Office) is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration and budgeting of the following human resources disciplines for all FHI 360 country-based programs and local national staff: employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, equal employment, organizational development, human resource information system management, government employment reporting, and training.
- The Director will ensure harmonization and standardization of employment-related matters across country programs and will oversee a team of HR professionals structured to provide full-scope HR services to all projects and staff.
- This position will participate in headquarters-led projects and will assume regional responsibilities for assisting with the development and implementation of global HR strategies, programs and policies.
- Develops and implements organizational policies for local staff to attract, retain, and motivate candidates and employees.
- Serves as the strategic advisor and business partner to country office leadership and project management staff.
- Collaborates with country office leadership and project management staff, as well as headquarters Human Resources, on HR strategies and practices that will help achieve the strategic and programmatic goals of the country portfolio.
- Ensures that HR programs are developed and implemented in all HR disciplines, including Employee Relations, Organizational Development (OD), Recruitment & Retention, Training & Development, Compensation, Benefits Administration, HR Information Systems, and Compliance.
- Manages staff to ensure a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided throughout the organization.
- Provides guidance and direction to functional managers, groups, and operations on company policies and programs.
- Ensures compliance of employment laws and regulations among the organization.
- Stays abreast with changes in country labor laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Education, Organizational Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 10+ years with human resource management experience in employment,employee relations, compensation, benefits, and organizational development.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
- Management Experience: 5+ Years