Imo International Health Systems is a chain of hospitals that is established based on Public Private Partnership between Imo State Government of Nigeria and International Quality Healthcare Consulting LLC, a USA based healthcare organization.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
- The Pharmacy Technician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, help the pharmacists provide medication and other health care products to patients and consumers.
- Technicians usually perform routine tasks to help prepare prescribed medication, such as counting tablets and labeling bottles.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and federal regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing medical doctor’s orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The individual must have a minimum of a Pharmacy Technician Certificate with current license where applicable
- 1-2 years experience
- The individual must be computer literate
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Productive and quality focused
- Ability to solve problems
- Drive to continue learning throughout career
Location: Ikeduru Campus, Imo
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position as subject of the email.