Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer - Controls Gas Turbines
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, resident engineer and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and commissioning activities on Gas Turbines products line and packages.
- Under general direction and instructions, independently determines and develops approaches to solutions to customer requirements and problems.
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Understands and complies with Siemens and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Ensure safe site and practices. Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings. Suggest safety improvements.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer's recommendations and good practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on the products and various equipment associated with primary package.
- Must be able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations, and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production.
- Provide timely and daily reports to the relevant manager on on-going projects or daily work.
- Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurate feedback and communication to pre-planned report format.
- Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable to customer representatives.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems.
- Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost.
- Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Provide short to medium term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance and commissioning of plant.
- Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance.
- Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner.262273
- Ensure major interventions are planned, executed on schedule and within commercial orders.
- Reports to Field Service Operations Manager.
- Assigned to any reasonable controls systems tasks.
- Will have served on recognized gas trubine product lines and/or having long period of continuos occupation as a control engineer.
- Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Engineering Degree, HNC/ HND, preferably in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Will have 5 - 7 years’ experience in a related industry. Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications, and visa versa.
- Experience in an onshore/offshore environment is essential.
- Experience on Alen Bradley PLC, RSLogix, PC7 and Step-7 Controls systems.
- Experience on controls instrument/Electrical.
- Mechanical rotating equipment background will be an asset.
- Familiarity with Gas Turbine engine theory, packages systems theory and operational will be an asset.
- Will hold and maintain a full offshore medical and survival certificate to suit all areas of assignment.
Location: Port Harcourt