Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
- The Finance and Administration Officer (F&AO) will be responsible for the overall administration and financial operations for a conflict mitigation program in Liberia.
- The F&AO will oversee internal control systems and procedures, operational accounting, financial reporting, auditing, sub award financial management and monitoring, forecasting and budget realignments for the project.
- S/he will also work closely with the Project Manager and headquarters personnel to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and for effective and pro-active management.
- This position is contingent upon funding.
- Design and implement systems and procedures in compliance with Pact standards, ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks for Pact; ensure that corrective action plans approved by headquarters in response to external or internal audits and other monitoring reviews are implemented as planned and scheduled.
- Manage project finances to ensure effective use of resources to achieve project objectives in compliance of all donor and Pact requirements.
- Ensure financial monitoring systems provide timely and relevant reports to Pact and project staff, including analysis and tracking of grant commitments (i.e. cash advances), obligations, awards and liquidations, to support efficient accountable implementation.
- Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring project liquidity at all times. This includes preparation of cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis and planning for timely preparation and replenishment for partners and others.
- Monitor the project budget on a regular basis and provide financial projections and analysis to relevant staff.
- Assist with project start-up and close-out activities.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and supported by relevant and verifiable source documents.
- Ensure that all financial records are properly stored and secured.
- Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed to resolve unreconciled differences.
- As applicable, provide technical assistance in financial management and compliance to local partners.
- Advanced Degree in Finance, Accounting, Administration or other relevant subject area.
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience providing finance and administration support to programs of similar size and scope.
- Experience supporting USAID-funded programs.
- Strong management and coordination skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working experience in Nigeria.
- Nigerian national preferred.
17th May, 2017.