Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- The finance Assistant has responsibility to support payments, receipts and disbursement of funds. He/She will provide support to the finance unit.
- Ensure required preapprovals are secured in advance in incurring an expense.
- Prepare procurement request and ensure all approvals are secured and coordinate with Logistics department the delivery of service and goods.
- Account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and control over payments.
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation.
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts.
- Payment of participant and other training , cash payments out of the office.
- Update and Upload on cost point cash transaction. Daily reconcile of cash and book balances.
- Ensure all documents are filled and stamped .
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager.
- Delivering results, applying technical and professional expertise, working effectively with others and communicating with impact.
- Adhere to IMC and Donor regulations
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting or any relevant degree.
- One year experience in similar position.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with NGO is an added advantage.
- Experience with saga will be an asset.
- Commitment to Humanitarian work in Nigeria.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office package.
- Ability to follow procedures and work under pressure.
19th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and applications to the "Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps" via the email: email@example.com
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.