Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager
- The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) under Cooperative Agreement AID-OAA-A-14-00046. AIDSFree is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Inc., Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH.
- AIDSFree supports and advances implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level.
- AIDSFree is currently seeking candidates for a Nigeria-based Finance and Operations Manager. The position is full-time and will be based at the project office in Abuja, Nigeria and will report to the Director of Finance and Administration, also based in the Abuja Office.
- Ensures that all financial transactions of the field office comply and are consistent with USAID and JSI financial policies and procedures.
- Participates and supports the DFA in the development and revision of finance, operations and HR country specific project manuals.
- Follows proper internal control systems for effective utilization of resources so that accountability is maintained.
- Implements, consolidates and monitors cost effective and efficient accounting systems and procedures.
- Assists the F&A Director with development of annual budgets, budget tracking, and USAID financial reporting.
- Coordinates and maintains a monthly cash flow projection system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet financing requirement of the program activities.
- Manages the procurement procedures and processes and ensures adherence to procurement limits and proper documentation of Purchase Orders, and Vendor Selection Justifications.
- Reviews field vouchers of all checks and wires transfer payments of staff advances, expense reports, and vendor payments.
- Ensures all vouchers comply with USAID rules and regulations and are supported by original documentation, approvals in accordance with USAID and JSI policies and procedures.
- Ensures responses to the monthly field account feedback are provided to the Home Office team in a timely manner.
- Maintains up-to-date, properly documented personnel information on all employees; and ensures the security of all confidential information.
- In consultation, with staff supervisors, maintain an up-to-date account of accrued staff leave (maternity, annual, compassionate, sick, etc.) and make available to supervisors as appropriate; notify staff and supervisors when individual leave balances risk exceeding carryover ceilings.
- Manages the insurance benefits for staff (health, life and accident), and ensures that insurance coverage for project vehicles and equipment is maintained through the year.
- In consultation with senior management and other supervisory personnel, ensure timely completion and documentation of all staff performance reviews.
- Oversees the monthly settlement of income tax payments to the concerned tax authority as well as payment of other staff benefits.
- Manages lease agreements, consultant agreements and contracts and ensures consistent application and revision.
- Prepares monthly payroll and maintains salary increments and benefits following staff’s respective Annual Performance Review.
- Works effectively to provide F&A support to partners and other JSI projects during new in-country project initiation.
- Ensures at all times a good working relationship with vendors and key stakeholders are maintained.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Accounting/Finance, or Management or Finance related discipline, such as ACCA or CPA required.
- Master degree in Accounting/Finance is desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience of which 3 years at managerial level within an organization with an international scope.
- Experience in USAID-funded projects is required.
- Accuracy, numerical and analytical skills.
- Dynamic, flexible, and have sense of confidentiality, team spirit and is proactive.
- Ability to learn quickly and shares learning with colleagues and partners.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Consistent ability to meet multiple deadlines and remain focused.
- Able to work under-pressure.
- Ability to work independently and team player who works well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English language.
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks is required).
- Excellent knowledge & skill in MS Office, such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- High degree of self-motivation, resourcefulness, reliability and honesty.
- Experience and knowledge of Nigeria tax law is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of Nigeria labor law is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
24th April, 2017.