Job Title: Financial Controller
- Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and relevance of all financial reporting to the top management.
- The FC will be required to define, together with the top management; and produce, on regular basis, the reports that are relevant for management control of the company’s financial performance, including (but not limited to) profitability analysis, cash flow and liquidity overviews, balance sheet analysis, fx and credit risk overviews.
- FC will be fully in charge of business modelling activity – breaking the financial statements into key drivers, and producing accurate budgets and forecasts, in line with departmental targets; and will overall be responsible for maintaining the culture of target vs. actual follow-up across the organization.
- FC will also be responsible for ensuring actionable plans covering the whole organization, with clear responsibilities, which will lead to achievement of overall company financial results, and will follow up the coordination of such actions across the organization.
- Supporting the CFO in implementing the company’s strategy and provide needful guidance to all members of the finance team in developing and preparing standards and tax planning.
- Defining, and producing top management reports, which are relevant, accurate, timely, and actionable, in the areas of profitability, liquidity, and financial risk (forex and credit risk)
- Leading the financial reviews of weekly, monthly, and quarterly results; ensuring clear capturing of actions required to meet financial targets of the company, and follow up on such actions
- Leading company-wide planning and target setting processes for financial results; ensuring follow up with all department heads, and escalation to top management in case of any risk of deviation from targets
- Defining and maintaining the company wide terminology “dictionary” of financial reporting
- Providing guidance, support and direction for the resolution of accounting issues
- Implementation of policies and processes and, in cooperation with subsidiary Finance teams
- Overseeing the accounting and Trail Balance process and identifying potential errors in comparison with actual vs budget results; monitoring the effectiveness of the reporting cycle
- Ensuring accurate monthly closing.
- ACCA/CIMA or CA Qualified. Knowledge of GAAP, IFRS financial regulatory requirements
- Minimum 4 years of financial management experience in with a combination of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm and with a high-tech/services company is desired
- Proven Track record in assisting with implementation and setup of accounting processes
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications with excellent PC/technology skills (Excel/Word/Powerpoint)
- Ability to present complex financial information in concise and actionable format
- Hands on, results driven, can-do attitude
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills both in English.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and sensitivity to time to meet
- Knowledge of SAP B1 and ERP would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Logistics and Nigeria is a plus.
- Expat package including excellent basic plus housing, transport, medical, tickets etc.