Job Title: Food Security Program Manager
- He/she is responsible for the project’s execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, and in terms of resources management on field, in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures.
- He/she ensures the expected results attainment in budget management.
- Activity planning and management: in cooperation with the project staff, he/she plans and monitors the activities’progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures.
- Administrative and financial management: in collaboration with the Project Administrator/Administrative Coordinator he/she plans all expenditures to make. He/she regularly monitors all made expenditures.
- He/she supervises accounting and the project cash safe/bank account management and, where there was no dedicated staff, he/she directly manages the accounting and the project cash safe/bank accounts, making use of the instruments made available by the organization (Merlino). In cooperation with the Project Administrator and in coordination with the Administrative Coordinator he/she prepares the Purchases Plan.
- He/she ensures the organization and donor’s procedures respect when purchasing goods and services.
- Reporting: in coordination with the Head of Mission ad with the Administrative Coordinator, he/she ensures the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of all financial and narrative reports – interim and final – expected by the project.
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests (ex. budget modification) of the projects he manages.
- Staff Management: In coordination with the Head of Mission and in compliance with the country’s rules/laws and with the COOPI’s regulation in the country, he/she selects the local staff to be employed in projects, and manages any other project’s expatriate staff. By making use of the organization’s tools he/she evaluates the local staff employed for projects and he/she participates to the evaluation of his/her own project, upon request by his/her direct supervisor.
- He/she coordinates and supervises the work done by all the project staff, in compliance with the organization’s security procedures.
- He/she is responsible for the initial and continuous training of the local staff under his/her responsibility.
- Goods management: he/she is responsible of the correct management of all goods purchased for the project, both irectly and purchased by other offices/field offices8. For all goods purchased by the project he/she updates the inventory, in cooperation with the Administrative Coordinator.
- Institutional relations: In relation to the project of his/her competence, he/she communicates with the donors’ officers, the local authorities which are competent in the aspects related to the project, the project’s partners and beneficiaries, in compliance with the organization’s guidelines.
- New projects’ writing: upon request by his/her direct supervisor, and cooperating with the project staff, he/she elaborates, writes and prepares all necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures.
- Advanced degree in Food Security, livelihood or related field or equivalent work.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field as project or programme manager or in a similar position. Demonstrated experience in food distribution or related field.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
Location: Yobe State and Abuja
28th April, 2017.