ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
Job Title: Finance Officer
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified staff to support our mission based in Maiduguri.
- Respect existing financial procedures and send all accounting documents to the Capital Office
- Ensure the proper allocation of each expense to the corresponding project
- Ensure that the finance Assistant(s) are filling the Manual Cash Book and properly carrying out their tasks
- Upload in the NGO accountancy program SAGA all the base accountancy on a weekly basis and check it on a monthly basis before sending it to the Capital Office on the 5th of each month
- Supervise the weekly and monthly cash reconciliations and the monthly bank reconciliation
- Supervise the relation with the bank(s)
- Sent a weekly cash request to the Capital Office and liaise with Program teams and Logistics to prepare a Base Monthly Cash Request to be sent to the Capital Office
- Update the Contract Follow-Up each time a new contract is signed and each time a payment relative to a contract is done. Send the Contract Follow-Up to the Capital Office on the 5th of each month
- Follow-up financial indicators of ACTED’s projects
- Help the Country Office to have a clear vision of the base’s financial situation
- Help the Area Coordination/Country Director to have a clear vision of the area’s financial situation
- Check and control the base accountancy
- Follow up on financial and accountancy procedures of ACTED Nigeria
- Ensure efficient flow of financial and accountancy information to Country Finance
- Financial accountability of projects
- Ensure that all resources of the base are allocated on the related projects
- Ensure that the running cost of the base is respecting standard norms
- FLAT Management at the base level
- Responsible for procurement documentation
- B.A/M.A or equivalent Degree required
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- At least 1 year experience in an Accounting Department preferably in an NGO
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleague when need arise
- Good IT skills and confidence in Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good in oral and written English
- ACTED offers a competitive salary based on its Nigerian salary grid.
20th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover letters explaining why you are qualified for the post both in English with at least 2 reference contacts (e.g. previous employers) to: Nigeria.firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the job title and your name in the email subject line (applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered).
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Due to the amount of applications we receive ACTED is only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience.