Job Title: IT Desktop Support Analyst
- The Role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to maintain and operate computer systems and/or network. The duties of an IT support analyst are wide-ranging and vary widely from one organization to another.
- The IT Support team is charged with installing, supporting and maintaining desktop computing systems; planning for and responding to service outages and other problems that may arise.
- To perform the job well, the role holder must demonstrate a blend of technical skills in desktop operating systems technologies, system administration and use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Other duties may include: End user education and IT Project implementation.
- Provide first level technology support and escalate issues to Tier 2 and 3 support when necessary
- Monitor and evaluate data network infrastructure: Switches, routers, data network devices, network links, GSM boosters, PBX, IP telephones and implement changes as required to improve performance.
- Monitor and evaluate voice network infrastructure: IP PBX, IP Phones, VoIP gateways, E1 lines and implement changes as required to improve performance.
- Interface with 3rd party service providers.
- Provide periodic reporting of IT Support operations.
- A Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science/Engineering
- 0 - 3 years qualitative experience in technology deployment or support
- Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skill, ability to work virtually, fluency in English as a contract language.
- Good Knowledge of windows 2008 Server operating system and Network Infrastructure (Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, File Services, etc.)
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills· Good understanding of windows based applications and their interaction with the underlying operating system environment (Registry, System Services, Component application subsystem etc.)
- Dexterity in setting up and managing switches and routers
- Good report writing skills
- Good IT process understanding
- Very good problem solving skills - frequently under various sorts of constraints and stress
- Highly analytical, hard-working,
- Creative & Logical,· Organized, Professional conduct,
- Good interpersonal skills Working
- 2nd and 3rd Tier IT Support team
- 3rd party service providers
- Sahara Group staff
- Other Stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV's to: email@example.com