Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Job ID: #1989659
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for the deliverables of the Logistics and Procurement section in support to International Medical Corps project activities and in compliance with the IMC internal and donor processes, rules and regulations.
- In charge of the correct implementation of International Medical Corps procurement guideline. This includes educating procurement section customers, capturing, analyzing and reporting data. Remain updated of donor policies and procedures.
- Act upon submission of a dully approved Purchase Request. Educate and support customers to ensure timely submission of approved PRs with sufficient details, realistic delivery target date.
Procurement Tracking Sheet:
- Record and track PRs through Procurement Tracking sheet: every procurement step is logged into PTS.
- PTS is supplied on weekly bases to customers and segregated per project.
- Carry out market analysis, record suppliers, collect relevant documentation and proceed to screening including Bridget Insight control.
- Maintain suppliers’ individual files with relevant administrative documentation. Maintain supplier tracking sheet.
- Use lists of recommended suppliers provided by UN agencies, embassies, other NGOs… Able to explain why selected suppliers have been invited to bid.
- Implements competitive bidding following IMC procurement thresholds (single quote, negotiated, Request for Quote, National open Tender, International open Tender). Assesses thresholds against total value of procurement line per grant for the entire duration of the grant.
- For single quote and negotiated procedures, self-sufficient, collect quotes and prepare bid summary for further review and approval.
- Depending on selected process, draft Request for Quotes, launch bidding process, collect quotes in sealed envelopes, evaluate offers in tender committee, proposes recommended supplier, record and implement committee conclusion.
- Negotiate business terms and conditions, prices, quality to International Medical Corps’ benefit. Draft Purchase orders and collect approval. Collect supplier’s signature on all Purchase Order pages and provide copy of PO to supplier.
Delivery & payment:
- Inform relevant Warehouse point person about upcoming deliveries and provide copy of PO for control against specifications and quantities.
- Receive invoice and control against original order, advance payments/installments already delivered
- For goods: Facilitate delivery of orders to the warehouse of the site of payment and collect Good Received Note.
- For services: Facilitate delivery of services, collect memo from most technically sound IMC personnel for completion validation. Ensure period of guaranty, after sales service is mentioned.
- Attach GRN to procurement file with supplier’s invoice and transfer file to finance for payment.
- Ensure delivery till final destination.
- Ensure the rented vehicles are properly managed.
- Ensure, the vehicle performance report is done for each vehicle and analysed the cost if it is reasonable and take corrective action.
- Ensure the log sheet is properly recorded all trips on daily bases and the led passengers signed to acknowledge the use of the vehicle.
- Ensure at the end of the month collect invoice and analysed usage submit the invoice for finance for payment.
- Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Ensure that the procurement and disposal of commodities, especially those subject to US Export Compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out in a timely fashion, updated regularly, and, recorded appropriately.
- Advocate and plan for professional development for yourself, and any staff supervised by you.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff (Program, Finance, and Medical) on all matters logistic.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisor, and regional IMC logistics officer colleagues to develop working networks to seek advice where needed.
- Assist your supervisor with engaging with donors, local government, project partners, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations in order to manage the distribution of goods and material as well as to ensure adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field is desired
- 1 year cognate experience is desired
- Proficiency in MS Word packages is essential
- Demonstrable knowledge in office administration
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
27th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and applications to the "Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps" via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.