Job Title: Group Risk/Compliance Officer
- To partner the group and country management teams to provide continual risk assessment in the development of policies, processes, compliance training, internal investigations and implement risk management strategies and policies.
- Ensure compliance and manage the enforcement of processes, procedures and guidelines
- Develop the enterprise risk management policy for the company.
- Guide integration of enterprise risk management with other organizational planning and management activities.
- Respond to regulatory enquiries and manage regulatory relationships as appropriate and through second line Compliance
- Perform first line risk assessments to understand the level, significance and scope of risk
- Introduce a culture of Risk Management supported by policies and guidance
- Develop and maintain a Risk Register and ensure it is reviewed regularly by the Management Team and Trustee Board.
- Assess the organisation and recommend, prioritise and implement relevant organisational and service specific quality policies
- Ensure that all systems (IT and paper) for holding and processing customer information and data are compliant with prevailing legislation
- Identify training needs for risk management and oversee development of enterprise risk competence and awareness across the company
- Liaise with departmental heads and HR in ensuring to ensure all company policies, standards and processes are enforced with compliance periodically audited.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
- Monitor and report on compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Proactively identify emerging risks and report to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Liaise with departmental and country heads on the adequacy of proposed actions in management of risk areas identified in internal audit reports.
- Revising procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Test the effectiveness of cascading risk management approach to business decisions.
- Develop risk management systems and train departmental risk champions on implementation
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- To undertake any other duties that may be required as deemed appropriate by the management.
Below are key outputs measurable of the Group Risk / Compliance Manager
- Enterprise risk management policy
- Periodic compliance, audit reports processes, policies and procedures across the organisation
- Proactively make recommendations to strengthen the control and compliance of policies, procedures and controls and are regularly updated with new development through alliance with all head of department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law / Accounting / Business / Finance with relevant professional certifications
- Minimum of three (5) years of which 3 must be in audit related function at middle or senior level.
- Experience conducting periodic risk identification, assessment and reporting cycles and processes with a keen sense of regulatory compliance in multiple operational environments.
- Excellence, integrity, creativity, team spirit, commitment, customer-centricity, empathy, safety consciousness.
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and operational implementation
- Experience of writing, maintaining and implementing business continuity plans.
- Aptitude to identify regulatory framework across West Africa sub region to guide business decisions.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills gained within a quality assurance environment In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- The ability to influence and successfully persuade staff at all levels to adopt new operating practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- The ability to understand broad business issues.
- Methodical and organized approach to planning, implementation and record keeping for all activities with a high level of attention to detail
- Good knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Be a team player, willing to support and assist other team members and a desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organization.
- Work requires ability to draw conclusions, prioritize and address key opportunities
- Satisfactory physical / health status, following medical examination is required.
- Extended work hours.
- May require travel – local and international.
- Working under pressure.
23rd April, 2017