In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters.
Job Title: Humanitarian Logistics Coordinator
- Coordination of programme logistics; implement Save the children policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including areas as procurement for cost effective , transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets.
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to in the area of responsibility, supporting relevant staff as required
- Manage and support logistics staff including ensuring clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Ensure that procedures within the specific area of responsibility meet Save the Children and donor regulations, whether that be a within a given technical sector in logistics, or a specific field base
- Provide support to senior logistics Manager on areas relating to budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Provide logistics training and capacity building as required
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Education-A degree in logistics or an equivalent field
- Prior experience in logistics management in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Experiencing in managing and supervising others in logistics
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English and French
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics eg fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention eg Health, WASH, Food Security
14th April, 2017.