Job Title: IT Associate
- Provide technical support, solve basic user problems and answer any questions relating to laptops, peripherals, mobile devices, office software, email, IM/voice/video communications, etc.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming service requests from users facing problems with hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and other computer-related technologies
- Diagnose and perform routine repairs or arrange for vendor repair, as appropriate for a wide range of PC/Windows and Macintosh hardware, software and network issues
- Perform local and network installations of software and help users access and use this software
- Facilitate hardware, software, and network set up for new employees /users
- Maintain detailed trouble tickets, escalating issues accordingly and keeping constant channel of communication open with staff during escalation.
- Investigate/research alternative solution across both hardware and software, make recommendations, and prepare implementation plans for computer hardware/software
- Maintain an accurate inventory of technology assets assigned to users, including entering new assets into the inventory management database, tracking asset deployments and dispositions and yearly inventory tracking
- Ideal Candidate will have 3+ year experience as an IT Associate, Help Desk Specialist or similar role.
- Vendor certification of the following: MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- A strong sense of customer service and demonstrable history of excellent customer-facing skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, including ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, quickly ascertain and address client issues, relay relevant IT-related information in a timely manner
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Demonstrable methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
- Able to keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
- Help Desk / Technical support experience.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria