Job Title: IT Technician
- Administration of in-house software;
- Support for remote working arrangements through Microsoft Terminal Services;
- Support for company telecoms system
- Responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive asset register and warranty database;
- Support for security systems linked to the IT network.
- Assisting in the management of the computer networks, providing technical support to all users and ensuring all ICT equipment is adequately maintained.
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Conduct daily network backup operations
- Conducting routine maintenance tasks for existing systems
- Assist with implementing reliable and effective procedures for server and client backups.
- Maintain inventories with respect to various IT related areas e.g. networked devices, software licensing.
- Carry out analysis of information, data and/or calculations identifying issues which require to be addressed.
- Minimum of HND/Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum two years plus experience working within IT Support,in computer networks and systems maintenance on current network operating systems
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Knowledge of Windows based operating systems and troubleshooting common problems.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and technology.
- Understanding of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills are essential across a broad spectrum of ICT disciplines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the capability to deal firmly with external support contractors to ensure levels of service are attained at all times.
- Highly motivated and able to work without close supervision.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- A cheerful and enthusiastic person with a sound knowledge of computer hardware and software applications to support the provision of information and communication technology
16th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: email@example.com