Job Title: Legal Manager
- Candidate will be reporting directly to Head, Legal and he/she will manage subordinates and assume ultimately responsibility for their work product.
- The candidate's strong background knowledge in either or all of the following areas- litigation, energy, power, regulatory liaison, corporate/commercial or company secretarial would be advantageous.
- Negotiating medium to high risk transactions with minimal supervision.
- Assisting the Head of Legal with high risk transactions or leading on various Nigerian power transactions and commercial negotiations.
- Researching and reviewing any new statutory and regulatory enactments that may affect the various entities under the Sahara umbrella and advising management accordingly.
- Negotiating with third parties, including regulatory officials and their counsel on behalf of the company.
- Drafting and providing legal advice on corporate and commercial transactions.
- Technical subject matter knowledge and experience in Gas and Power transactions would be an added advantage
- Ensuring that companies comply with the requirements of the law in each jurisdiction Sahara is doing business in by working alongside local counsel.
- Review and determine cases for litigation and advise management accordingly.
- Interface with external counsel in respect of litigation that the company is involved in and advise on litigation strategy or propose alternative dispute resolution.
- Advising on the set up of and incorporation of new entities and new businesses.
- Company secretarial assistance where necessary.
- Law Degree from a commonwealth jurisdiction.
- BL from Nigerian Law School
- At least 10 years post call experience, 5 of which must be core experience in a law firm or commercial Oil and Gas environment.
- Geographical mobility within and outside Nigeria where necessary
- The ideal candidate will have between 8-10 years of transactional work experience which preferably includes power sector experience in a law firm or an in-house position where the candidate has demonstrated an understanding of working on deals and transactions and has worked with external counsel on big ticket transactions.
- The candidate should ideally have a robust deal list.
- Technical knowledge of energy, power, gas industry
- Experience in working with regulators
- Strong IT Skills (Word and Excel)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating and drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to supervise and manage line reports
- Attention to detail
- Strong issue spotting and problem solving skills
- Committed and a go-getter.
- Team members and colleagues within the various Sahara group of companies
- Executive Management and Board Members
- External Lawyers, clients and other business partners
Location: Any City, Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org