Job Title: Market Section Manager
- The Market Section Manager will supervise and lead a market section comprising a number of Intervention / Business Development Managers.
- The Market Section Manager’s team will oversee interventions in several target markets and identify further opportunities for the programme to pursue.
- Providing overall strategic direction for the market sector and all interventions within the sector; monitoring and quality assuring all intervention guides and resulting outputs,
- Identifying new markets based on political economy analysis to contribute to the overall programme strategy and liaising with the senior management team on potential markets,
- Initiating and managing all market related value chain analyses, ensuring that study designs, contracting, and implementation are done in accordance with set standards,
- Driving the stakeholder analysis of the selected commodity chains as well as identifying potential agents of change,
- Overseeing the implementation of select market interventions, ensuring that initiative is taken and setting work plans for these interventions,
- Identifying and establishing strategic partnerships within the markets and playing a lead role in managing all established partnerships, § Ensuring:
- administrative guidance is followed for grants, subcontracts, collaboration agreements and general administration; programme budgets and funding requests for the markets being supervised are appropriately managed; security guidelines are followed by all team members who are line managed,
- Improving the performance of the team through mentoring and coaching,
- Ensuring strong team work with the Results Measurement team,
- Contributing to the overall leadership of the programme as a part of the project’s senior management team.
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience and knowledge of the agricultural sector in northern Nigeria is a definite advantage
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive reports
- Strong skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint)
- Team management experience
- Evidence of the ability to form strong partnerships
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Excellent Hausa speaker with the ability to decipher nuances in communicating across all levels
- Working knowledge of M4P approach
- Self-motivated individuals who can work independently with minimal supervision; a strong team player and knowledge sharer
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in and proven experience with networking at private, public and Government levels
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to build relationships and network with analogous organisations
- Willing to work for six months with the possibility of an extension subject to performance and extension of the programme
- A willingness to travel extensively in northern Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's (maximum of three pages), full details of your 3 referees and a 1 page covering letter outlining how their skills and competencies match the requirements of the post they are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate in the subject line of the email which role you are applying for.