Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Pact seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer for an USAID-funded program implementing peacebuilding and conflict mitigation activities at the community level.
- The M&E Officer will provide overall leadership and oversight for project monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- S/he will lead the monitoring of data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is audit worthy and incorporated into program reports for submission to USAID.
- Under his/her guidance, the project will utilize monitoring data to maximize program impact.
- This position is contingent upon funding.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the project monitoring plan (PMP).
- Lead the development of relevant M&E tools and platforms, and provide M&E specific technical training, mentoring, and coaching to project staff and CSO partners, as appropriate.
- Develop strong monitoring and evaluation data collection and analysis systems to ensure the effectiveness of program interventions.
- Strengthen availability and use of high quality data for decision making.
- Strengthen Pact and CSO partners’ data management and quality improvement systems, ensuring that data is audit worthy and readily available. Where problems exist, support the identification and execution of solutions.
- Lead and maintain the project’s knowledge management.
- Contribute to program reports for submission to donor.
- Support program staff and senior management to make informed and timely decisions related to program implementation project using data.
- Master's Degree in Conflict Peacebuilding, Demography, Sociology, Biostatistics, Psychology or a related field.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in monitoring, evaluating and research.
- Experience in working on USAID projects, including USAID indicators.
- Demonstrated experience in governance and peacebuilding program target setting and reporting.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling techniques and establishing M&E systems in developing countries.
- Proficiency with database management software and online search tools required.
- Working experience in Nigeria.
- Nigerian national preferred.
17th May, 2017.