Job Title: Operations Manager- FPSO
- To manage FPSO operations including its human and material resources safely and efficiently to achieve organizational objectives.
- Responsible and accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the FPSO.
- Responsible for effective day-to-day onshore technical monitoring, direction, planning and technical support of the FPSO maintenance, cargo, marine and process activities.
- Provide technical and procedural direction in the FPSO maintenance, cargo, marine and process activities to minimize downtime.
- Responsible for Flag and Classification Society survey status. Ensure the timely and effective planning, preparation, and execution of surveys to always ensure certification remains valid. Ensure ABS reviews and approves the continuous Hull and Machinery Surveys (CHS / CMS).
- Prepare and manage planned minimum shutdown maintenance projects in respect of budget preparation, manning, mobilization / demobilization of personnel, material and equipment delivery to FPSO, sub-contractors and vendors support. Coordinate, follow and support these activities through to conclusion.
- Work with clients, contractors, & local communities regarding any issues concerning vessel and equipment functionality and personnel.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets; give support in the monthly control of the forecast and Profit Plan update.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Develop, maintain and monitor the Base’s accounting systems and procedures, capturing all billings and receipts and keeping accurate records of all revenue transactions. Recommend and implement improvements to systems in conjunction with the Chief Finance Officer where appropriate
- Manage, plan and schedule onshore engineering, material and equipment support for maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain through the FPSO OIM and Heads of Departmental a continuous technical performance and reliability review of the FPSO for the cargo, marine, maintenance and process systems. Identify corrective action where performance falls below acceptable standards and take all necessary corrective actions whenever deficiencies are identified.
- Obtain all necessary technical support for the FPSO operations by liaising and effectively coordinating with the local technical team, the FPSO Engineer in Monaco, manufacturers, vendors and contractors. Liaise with the Company Operations Support and Asset Group in Monaco for review, costing, approval, process, execution and close out of design modifications.
- Liaise, report and advise Clients personnel on cargo, marine, process, maintenance and technical matters and establish effective communication with client to ensure that a good working relationship is continuously maintained on all related matters.
- Organize the Emergency Response and Medevac in collaboration with Client Emergency Response Plan.
- Act as the primary point of contact onshore for the OIM in all cargo, marine, maintenance and production disciplines.
- Review the FPSO complement, material, equipment and technical services requirements in consideration of the operating budget. Manage contracted technical activities and specialist or vendors as required to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the FPSO.
- Comply with, actively participate and commit to the implementation of the Company Management System. Implement and manage the operational and technical portion of the Company Policies.
- Ensure that the Company Management System is being effectively implemented by carrying out required verifications.
- Participate in implementing the company procedures offshore and onshore (codes of practice, operations manuals, permits to work, risk assessment, reporting, etc.).
- Participate directly in the negotiation and the issue of sub-contracts and main suppliers’ service agreements. Periodically review and update these contracts.
- Participate in the selection of local employees, (review of CV´s, interview, appraisal, familiarization, training etc). In particular, monitor the offshore approved complement and review annual staff appraisals.
- Make regular visit offshore to maintain presence and authority and motivate the offshore team.
- Responsible for training Operations Engineers for career development and advancement.
- 10 years’ experience 5 of which must be in upstream operations, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering/ diploma in Mechanical, Marine or production engineering or related field
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
Location: Warri, Delta