Job Title: Operations Manager
- An operations manager has to manage the finances in such a way that the company does not suffer any losses, uses its financial resources to the optimum, and also makes profits.
- He/she is also required to study the market and financial statements, reduce production costs, have information about sales trends and business forecasts, and see to it that the operations are carried out efficiently without going off budget.
- He/she has to review all the income and expenditures of the company and determine what else is required for the company to excel in its operations.
- At public and press meetings, an operations manager is required to act as a presenter for the goals and plans of the company.
- He/she has to face and try to resolve different issues regarding quality of services, shipment delays, customer satisfaction and retaining, and other problems.
- Some of the duties are associated with risk management, which is why this professional has to be good at making decisions and solving problems.
Human Resource Management:
- The operations manager needs to review the payroll policies and make changes if necessary.
- These policies include information about the salary of all the workers, the basis on which these amounts are decided, and other financial benefits and perks if any.
- The job also includes seeing the requirements of the workforce, hiring new employees, evaluating their performance, and also allocating tasks to them.
- The operations manager is in charge of making and implementing policies that match Intercontinental Paint's mission and aim.
- He/she should ensure that they are brought into effect and put to use properly.
- The policies include safety, employee retention, expected performance level, etc.
- The policies should be made keeping in mind all the legalities and other considerations that the company is bound by.
- He/she has to plan out the overall operations of the company. The planning needs to be detailed and in keeping with the company policies.
- This person also has to oversee the buying and selling activities, determine the purchase expenditure, and also have knowledge about the target consumer base.
- He/she also has to ensure that the operations are conducted without a glitch, and regulate activities between two or more departments; for example: sales and logistics.
- The operations manager has to ensure a smooth flow of communication within the organization.
- He/she has to see to it that the employees and the top-level management understand each other and that the communication lines between them are open.
- He/she may also have to resolve disputes and misunderstandings, which require him/her to have good interpersonal skills to be able to deal with people effectively and in the right manner.
- He/she will also have to coordinate with HR and MD for decision making and policy implementation.
Management of Logistics:
- The operations manager has to ensure that the paint produced are of high quality, and that the machinery used has not manufactured substandard goods.
- He/she has to analyze the state and condition of the machinery, the current position of the logistics, and determine if any changes need to be made.
- Overseeing Third-party Services
- The operations manager has to oversee the services of third parties that are hired by the company, if any. These include services like cab facilities for employees, cleaning services, security personnel, etc.
- He/she has to ensure that the hiring procedures follow the set standards, the services are provided according to the agreed terms, and that all formalities are taken care of with regards to the hiring and termination of staff.
- A minimum of 4 years experience. Who has worked in a Paint Company.
24th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV’s to: Contact@intercontinentalpaintltd.com