Job Title: Optician
- The optician will assist patients with eye wear selection, purchase and maintenance.
- Reports to: Chief Optometrist
- Provision of assistance to patients with eye wear selection, purchase and maintenance.
- Provision of clerical and purchasing support to the Eye Care Center as part of a team.
- Provision of assistance to patients with contact lens purchases and care.
- Monitor flow and frequency of the usage of medications.
- Follow up on the purchase and supply of medications.
- Present a positive image of Me Cure Eye Center through professional appearance and behavior.
- Identifies own areas of development and seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to client requests.
- Anticipates client needs and initiates action to meet those needs.
- Carries out responsibilities in a timely fashion requesting assistance as needed.
- Knows, understands and abides by the policies and procedures of the Me Cure Eye Center.
- Works cooperatively within own unit/department and with other units and departments.
- Willingly accepts additional responsibility, tries to make others’ jobs easier.
- Recognizes and supports the skills and qualities of others.
- Willingly exchanges appropriate and professional information with co-workers
- Listens to client needs and responds in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Provides timely feedback to the appropriate client in a clear and concise manner.
- Uses professional judgment in providing information based on the situation and is sensitive to individual and organizational concerns.
- Consistently ensures that information known about the client is kept private and confidential.
- Treats clients’ property, and Me Cure Eye Centers’ property with care and respect.
- Demonstrates conservation and responsible use of resources.
- Contributes to the safety and security of Me Cure Eye Center environment through personal actions.
- Continually strives to suggest and implement ways to improve personal, departmental and institutional performance.
- Perform other duties or functions as assigned
- Report any problem/issues to the departmental head.
- Possession of a Diploma/Certificate in dispensing optician.
- Professional experience of at least two (2) years.
- Must possess a current professional license in required field.
- Design, fit and dispense corrective lenses for spectacles.
- Selection of choice of frames.
- Good relations skills.
- Customizing and adjusting eyeglasses.
- Ability to write work orders.
- Meticulous and accurate.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, radiation and pharmacological agents
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
18th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com