The Protea Hotels portfolio comprises of two brands, the mid-up market Protea Hotels by Marriott (including the lifestyle brand Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott) brand and the superior deluxe African Pride Hotels brand.
Job Title: Hotel Manager/Assistant
- The hotel manager is to always make sure that all staff do everything they can to make a guest stay pleasant and comfortable, while making sure that the hotel is profitable and efficient.
- Create budgets and set room rates, interview, hire and train new staff, resolve employee conflicts, and help guests with any issues they might have.
- Report directly to the GM.
- Responsible for planning and managing employees
- Marketing, coordinating and administering hotel services such as catering and accommodation facilities.
- Supervising staff
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Planning maintenance work, events and room bookings
- Handling customer complaints and queries
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws.
- Minimum HND
- Minimum 3 years cognate experience
- Reliability and stamina
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to stay and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.
- Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
- Work with budgets, planning, creating schedules and supervising operations.
- Our hotels have a lot of moving parts, from guests to maintenance, to events to budgets and scheduling, the hotel manager need to keep it all organized.
- Problem solving.
- customer service.
- Accounting skills, hotel administration, economics, marketing, housekeeping, food service management, hotel maintenance and engineering, as well as knowledge of computers.
25th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org