Job Title: Regional Operations and Logistics Coordinator
- The Regional Operations and Logistics Coordinator (ROLC) will manage a Creative field station in north east Nigeria.
- S/he will be responsible for oversight of all Logistical, Security, Administrative and Financial management of the station (in close coordination with USG/RSO), and will provide oversight of operational aspects of program implementation in the state.
- The ROLC will advise the Chief of Party and Operations Manager on the evolution of the local situation and on how to continuously adapt the program’s operational components to ensure that it remains effective, efficient and compliant.
- The ROLC will manage two service contractors (one for station management, one for security provision – total team approximately 24), coordinate with USG and GoN entities at a local and state levels, with the program’s state team, and with the program’s main office in Abuja.
- The ROLC will report directly to the Operations Manager, and oversee a team of approximately 24 local staff, including a security team.
- Manage a Creative compound in regards to logistical, security, administrative and financial functions.
- In coordination with the COP and the Verification Manager supervise enforcement of proper financial, procurement, and operational protocols on activities and in the field office.
- Coordinate with the state team and the Program Development Manager (PDM) in Abuja to support program implementation in the state, specifically in regards to procurement, activity delivery and completion.
- Advise the COP, PDM and Operations Manager on the evolution of the local political, security, and economic situation and on how to continuously adapt the program to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.
- Support as needed the programmatic and implementation monitoring of grant activities.
- Ensure that the field offices maintain compliance with USAID regulations in regards to auditing requirements, implementation, procurement, financial management and overall office management.
- Minimum of eight (8) years professional experience (including at least one year of supervisory experience) working in complex, challenging, insecure field operational contexts;
- Have prior experience demonstrating the skills required to fulfill the full range of responsibilities outlined above for the Regional Operations and Logistics Coordinator;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures in regards to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems and grants management;
- Experience with grants under contract programs.
- Strong analytical, organizational, logistical and communications capacity; excellent coordination skills;
- Previous experience working in Africa is desirable;
- Prior experience working on rapid transition programs is desirable; and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to live and work in Borno state.
31st May, 2017.