We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
- Based in Abuja, the Senior Finance Officer will work closely with other staff to ensure proper management of the office finance and administrative activities.
- Review transactions vouchers for accuracy, correct coding and completeness of documentation in compliance with EH policies and proper authorization before presenting to the FAHRM for approval.
- Review transactions posted in Quick books accounting system (payments, deposits, journals and petty cash) for accuracy and coding.
- Upload electronic payment of reimbursements/entitlements to participants and partners at EHN organized/sponsored travels, meetings, trainings & conferences.
- Review and verify the uploaded electronic banking beneficiary account details and payment transactions in the absence of the FAHRM.
- Prepare / Review account reconciliations for suppliers, staff, consultants, sub-awards before payment.
- Prepare a monthly Outstanding Advance Report by reviewing and staff advances and liquidations to ensure compliance to the standard operating procedures.
- Prepare payroll, vacation, severance allocation according to the time sheets and journals.
- Print weekly bank statements, and reconcile to the cashbook.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, bank reconciliation, and submit to the FAHRM for review.
- Conduct monthly review of Quick Books Balance Sheet accounts and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Conduct monthly review of the Sage X3 ledger against the Quick books ledger and reconcile the differences.
- Manage the office local statutory returns, by ensuring that returns are submitted and paid on time ( PAYE by the 10th of the following month, Withholding tax by the 21st of the following month, NSITF, Medical insurance, pension etc.)
- Processing WHT Credit certificates for vendors.
- Administer time reporting and leave management in the Dovico software.
- Review the monthly vehicle usage analysis from the vehicle logbook movements and month end report and prepare the expense journal.
- Work closely with the FAHRM to maintain adequate cash flow for EngenderHealth operations in Nigeria.
- Provide financial management support to all events and meetings organized by the project
- Ensure the maintenance of an up to date filed records of EHN Financial activities, in an audit-ready manner; ensure proper and effective filing system is in place in EHN
- Work with the FAHRM to prepare Budget vs Expense reports and assist with monitoring the office project fund balance (Pipeline report) and other donor reports as required.
- Prepare activity budgets and present draft budgets for review to the FAHRM, ensuring that budget utilization is within the available budget provisions in the Work plan.
- Prepare the office financial year-end procedures, year- end schedules and prepare audit schedule including accruals of severance, vacation, and Creditors accrual.
- Supervise the Finance Officer and Admin Assistance.
- Ensure timely responses to local financial queries.
- Perform any other comparable duties as may be assigned to this position in general support of EH activities.
- BA in Accounting, Business Management, Financial Management or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience working with a USAID supported project preferably.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and QuickBooks is mandatory.
- Work experience in a supervisory position is a plus.
- Excellent coordination and time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to work under pressure and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria