Job Title: Business Analyst
LigaData is looking to hire a dynamic, Telecommunications Business Analyst that can support the execution and delivery of project deliverables related to:
Executive Dashboards, Data Governance Definition, and Smart Capex. The candidate should have:
- Experience in the mobile telecommunications industry,
- Experience as a consultant, and
- An ability to lead and execute the creation of client deliverables from conception to final delivery. The candidate will be based in Lagos, Nigeria but should expect periodic travel within the African continent.
- Report to and work collaboratively with Ligadata and MTN leads to: (1) Create Executive Dashboards, Define a Data Governance Target Operating Model, and Develop a Smart Capex use case.
- In a highly consultative manner, (1) assess the client’s needs, (2) build and/or manage plans to address the client’s needs, and track, report, and measure day-to-day activities according the plan.
- Leverage telecommunication experience and knowledge to help define requirements, assess accuracy of current/future work within the work streams, and provide industry context/expertise as needed to help the overall team complete tasks.
- Independently manage workload, objectives, timelines, issues/risks, day-to-day activity, and meeting schedules to ensure completion of deliverables and objectives.
- Conduct business analysis, both quantitative and qualitative, to support: (1) decision making, (2) deliverable completion across work streams, and (3) executive presentations
- Work side-by-side with business and technical client stakeholders to develop/identify requirements that will help drive completion of deliverables and objectives for individual work streams.
- Independently run meetings and workshops to gather information, review documentation and deliverables, and present weekly status on deliverables.
- Proactively learn, assess, and respond quickly to client expectations.
- Quickly learn data science, big data, analysis, data-as-a-service, and data architecture concepts.
- Basic knowledge of data, big-data, analytics, and similar topics.
- 5+ years in mobile telecom industry (Experience with South African mobile telecommunications providers is a plus).
- Familiar with financial statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement.
- Some experience conducting financial data analysis (i.e. We preference someone that can help define KPIs, analysis Capex data at a high-level, etc.).
- Client-facing consulting experience (i.e. We prefer someone with experience delivering client-facing work, managing deliverables, etc.).
- Some general management or project management experience (i.e. We prefer someone with leadership qualities).
- Ability to lead end-to-end completion of deliverables and work product.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate difficult concepts clearly to business and technical audiences.
- Nigeria based, but periodic travel within the Africa continent.