Job Title: GBV Supervisor
- He/she will support the definition MDM strategy regarding GBV, under the leadership of the GBV Coordinator.
- Organization, coordination and supervision of GBV activities
- Carry out a mapping of all actors responding to GBV and develop a strong network to foster information exchange and synergies.
- Conduct trainings on various aspects of GBV such as survivor centred approach and informed consent to healthcare workers and MDM staff
- Coordinate with other actors to ensure safe referral for GBV Survivors.
- Identify a national partner, formalize the partnership (MoU) for the implementation of the “sensitization / awareness raising” component and provide technical support.
- Supervise the implementation of GBV activities, in close collaboration with the medical department and other GBV actors.
- Actively participate to coordination efforts with GBV actors (ex: GBV sub cluster).
- Ensure the quality of activities through regular monitoring and technical support, data collection and management, and provide guidance in case of difficulties.
- Coordinate the definition of the communication strategy and communication mediums (radio, press, posters, leaflets…)
- Coordinate the community mobilization activities in close collaboration with our partner, GBV actors as well as other stakeholders (ex: community leaders …)
- Ensure the capitalization of MDM GBV component implementation.
- Human Resource, Capacity Building / Training:
- Identify the capacity building needs of the medical team in general, MDM partner related to GBV and provide trainings.
- Provide technical support to MDM partner for the good implementation of the “sensitization / awareness raising” component or any relevant topic related to MDM GBV strategy.
- Collaborates with the medical team and particularly the sexual and reproductive health department of MdM to set up trainings and supervision of the activities and the quality of the medical care for victims of GBV.
- Collaborate with the Mental Health and Psychosocial Coordinator in order to define and implement psychosocial care of GBV survivors.
- Take part, if necessary, with the MDM team, partners or other actors to advocacy activities.
- Reporting, information management, coordination / representation
- Increase and enhance program monitoring and evaluation, and determining impact, wherever possible, including the use of standard indicators
- Share to the general coordinator and the medical team any difficulties met in the field and propose solutions or adjustments.
- Participate to internal MDM meetings
- Participate to the GBV sub sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination efforts.
- If needed, participate to meetings with the State Ministry of Health or other stakeholders involved in GBV.
- Contribute to MDM monthly report and bimonthly sitrep.
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals or reports to donors.
- You will be committed to MdM’s values and be motivated by its non-statutory, Not-For-Profit model.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Science, Social Work, Business, Public Health, Gender Studies, or other related field
- 3-5 years professional experience in social services sector experience working with international non- government organizations in sectors focusing on gender, women's empowerment, and/or violence prevention
- Minimum 1-2 years program management level experience and/or professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in partnerships coordination and management of local sub granted organizations
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building for local organizations
- Strong understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women arid girls
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating trainings and workshops tailored for individuals from a variety of professional and educational backgrounds; understanding of appropriate evaluation approaches, metrics, and tools to determine the effectiveness of the training in meeting target objectives essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Languages: Hausa and English, other local languages an advantage.
- Starting date: Asap
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
Location: Maiduguri (with frequent travel to field sites)
10th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's, cover letter, and copies of professional certificates, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure to place "GBV Supervisor" in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.