Job Title: Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator
- Carry out the day to day operations of HSE department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis, identifying trends, proposing improvement plans and ensuring implementation
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with stakeholders and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
- Comply with all Firm and HSE procedures and policies.
- Ensure compliance with policy of performing quarterly fire drills in all firm locations
- Maintain a HSE page on the local intranet to keep our staff members and partners seamlessly abreast of HSE standards and provisions in KPMG NG
- Walk all floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Perform Storm Water Discharge sampling and document events
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
- Up to 20% travel to other firm location for meetings, training, inspections, etc.
- Ability to oversee Safety Incentive Programs.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as Hazard Communication
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
- Performs Risk Assessment.
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HSE manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering/HSE sciences or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in Health, Safety and Environment
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using HSE Auditing Techniques
- Industrial Hygiene, and Gas Dispersion, Modelling, Explosion Indices and ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001.
- Good knowledge of English
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria