Job Title: Teacher Training Associate
- The Teacher Trainer role at its heart is to ensure that talented and passionate candidates from each of our communities are made into high-quality trained teachers, passionate and motivated about their work, and prepped and ready to deliver education outcomes for pupils in their classrooms.
- To accomplish this, the Teacher Trainer is responsible for training and selecting our teacher candidates at an intensive 3 - week residential training.
- These three - week trainings run back to back sometimes two to three times per term.
- Each training, the trainer will lead a classroom of 65 trainees through our scripted training curriculum – executing the training content with fidelity and mastery.
- Trainees must successfully complete the training in order to be offered a permanent position. Trainers are responsible for executing our selection tools with fidelity to ensure our teachers are prepared to be successful.
- When not leading residential training, trainers will continue to develop our teachers as they enter their classroom through intensive coaching and mentoring.
- Delivery excellence, integrity, quality and systematization are all part of ensuring successful implementation. You will work closely with the global training team who has and will continue to design the training sessions delivered in each country.
- Onboard and induct teacher trainees into Bridge, investing them in our mission and the role they play in it.
- Create GREAT teachers by executing all content with fidelity, ensuring trainees engage in rigorous and meaningful practice and providing thoughtful feedback and coaching.
- Execute the selection and screening tools and processes to ensure that only the best teacher trainees are selected for hire.
- Continuously seek ways to improve content, systems and processes by taking initiative and sharing feedback with the leadership team.
- The measure of your success will be the learning outcomes delivered by teachers you trained and selected once they are placed in the classroom.
- Experience in education either in a school or in an education related organization. Teaching experience is highly valued but not mandatory.
- A fundamental belief that great teachers are “made” not born
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage a large group of individuals
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to easily form relationships and influence and motivate others
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic. The ability to overcome obstacles
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong people management skills – holding adults to high expectations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A Bachelor’s degree