10 Possible Reasons You Are Still Unemployed
Wondering why you still don’t have a job? These ten possible reasons will make it clear why.
1. You are not aligning your background and experience with jobs. You want a certain job but that job requires two or three years experience that you don’t have or that job is in a field you aren’t familiar with.
2. You did not proofread your cover letter and resume. Proofread your cover letter and resume. It’s the first impression you make on employers.
3. Your cover letter is too generic. You sent out the same cover letter to hundreds of employers and employers can tell. This sends the impression that you don’t care enough to customize your cover letter.
4. Your resume is too long so employers won’t read it or it is too short so employers think you don’t have experience. Make your resume about a page.
5. You apply for companies you don’t know anything about and it shows. In your cover letter, you should mention why you want to work for that particular company and the information on the company should be accurate.
6. You do not network with people. Go to career fairs and give your card out to many people in your field.
7. You are not making the best impression in interviews. Make sure you are dressed professionally and are confident.
8. You’re not applying to different kinds of jobs. If you have experience in more than one field, apply to jobs in as many fields as you are qualified.
9. You do not seem excited about the job. Employers want to know that you are passionate about the job.
10. You are giving up too quickly. Keep on applying for jobs and be patient. You will get a great job!