Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
Job Position: AADL Engineer – Backend
Job Location: Lagos
- As a Backend software developer/Engineer, you will interact with the engineering team to solve problems and build, extend, optimize and refactor the back-end architecture of our growing products. This will involve working on our existing codebase along with new projects.
- Airtel Africa Digital Labs (AADL) has a highly passionate engineering-driven environment where your contribution will be felt immediately.
- All teams at AADL are involved in every part of our development life cycle.
- Brainstorm, contribute new ideas, conceive innovative strategies, and implement solutions to difficult problems.
- Own the entire development lifecycle as you prototype, create, optimize, test, launch, and refine. Build features that will reach millions of users.
- Play a critical role in ensuring modular and scalable design and architecture of Backend Applications.
- Keeping up to date with best industry practices and lead adopting new technologies.
- Set high standards for monitoring and getting to know challenges faced by customers and improving the experience.
- In nutshell you will “Discover, Design, Develop, Deploy, Debug. Repeat!”
- B.E / B.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology with Demonstrated experience of 5+ years in Backend – Java development.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm – design, and complexity analysis.
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding on both Monolithic and Micro Services architectures. Hands-on experience in developing and deploying Micro Services components preferably using Spring boot.
- Experience with version control system such as Git & Bitbucket.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Excellent Java skills, Understanding of Spring framework & MVC approach.
- Strong knowledge of Performance optimization and caching techniques.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure and algorithms.
- Good experience with databases and Schema design.
- Knowledge on Postman and SoapUi.
- Knowledge on build tools like Maven & Gradle.
- Nice to have Jenkins and CI/CD Knowledge.
- Lastly, it’s important to have fun! Bringing a sense of humor and camaraderie to the team allows for good relationships and communication to flourish.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online