uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to enable African learners to reach their maximum potential by making high-quality digital education services widely accessible. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
Job Position: Academic Content Intern
Job Location: Abuja
- The Assessment and Reporting Team is responsible for creating and tracking the metrics for measuring and reporting learner activity and performance.
- This is primarily achieved by creating varied assessments and applying data analytics and machine learning features to evaluate and improve the learner experience in order to ensure better learning outcomes.
- We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about media, technology, education, and the African continent, to join our team.
- The focus will be to work with the Academic Content Team to review and update content on various platforms and contribute to the development of improved processes and product features.
- This position reports to the Reporting and Assessment Manager.
- Reviewing content developed by fellow team members to ensure quality and updating them across the appropriate platforms.
- Improving the quality of developed content as guided by learner and/or colleague feedback.
- Working based on either pre-existing or innovative systems to ensure the growth of the company’s library and content.
- Observing, reporting and troubleshooting basic technical issues encountered while using the application
- Generate regular reports on team and learner activity.
- Ensuring that personal and team targets are not just met, but exceeded.
- Any special assignment or task assigned by the team lead.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Humanities, Business, STEM or STEM Education-related field.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Experience in teaching and developing e-learning courses and/or lessons is desirable.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and a generally well-organised and detail-oriented persona.
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure.
- Tech / Internet savvy and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the ‘Academic Content Intern’ as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.