Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
Job Position: Senior Account Manager (Zonal Manager)
Job Locations: Lagos, Ibadan – Oyo & Port Harcourt – Rivers
- The senior account manager (zonal manager) will lead the strategy and project manage all initiatives and pilots related to last mile delivery.
- Have either individually or as part of a team, created or improved ways of leveraging the company’s existing or potential assets to fulfill goods to consumers.
- Managing the talent pool of Jumia Services and building a strong leadership team in Delivery
- Actively design and steer CXP and VXP excellence projects along with Local and Central operations leaders
- Design and own end to end the Last mile unit costs strategy to meet both our requirements of CXP/VXP and unit economics targets
- Actively feed and contribute to the system roadmap design to deliver the required instruments for this logistics success
- Leading the scale up and expansion of last mile footprint (3PL expansion, pick up station expansion, Delivery Associates hiring and expansion).
- Own and create the 3PL community management for Jumia
- Manage and improve fleet management practices, team and cost of operation Create a culture of best-in-class material handling in Last mile
- Lead key transformations in supply chain (or in partnership), allowing our last mile hubs to receive product faster and more often without increasing costs of delivery
- Ability to work cross functionally with key fulfillment partners such as Logistics, supply chain and other partners, such as IT.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 5 years minimum experience, logistics operations
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- Good Knowledge of the Logistical Operations in the local market is a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Process oriented, well-organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Data oriented with strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Communicate effectively with counterparts in Logistics Department
- Excellent team management skills
- Dynamic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
30th September, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.