Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors. Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Job Position: Account Manager
Job Location: Abuja
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented, and ambitious Sales professional to help lead the identification and closure of growth opportunities for our Research offerings to customers across Nigeria.
- The role will play a critical role in achieving the growth identified in the Africa development strategy by growing sales of all Wood Mackenzie’s research products, consulting services and multi-client studies within the Southern Africa region.
- New Business Development and Territory Planning
- Co-ordinate and implement sales plans to drive the regional sales strategy and enable growth opportunities within the Southern Africa region.
- Identify key growth markets and new business opportunities to assist in the development of an effective market entry and business development strategy.
- Work closely and align with the Customer Organisation, Marketing, Research and Consulting teams to grow Wood Mackenzie’s business in Nigeria.
- Lead all aspects of the post sales customer lifecycle by working with other functions to support onboarding, engagement, retention, and cross sell of Wood Mackenzie’s research products and services.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior clients to ensure sales targets are achieved through new business deals and, eventually, renewals.
- Work closely with the Product and Research teams to help shape the development roadmap of Africa focused products based on customer feedback, your experience and knowledge of customer workflows, and relevant competitor intelligence.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the sales process which include prospecting, qualification, selling the value proposition at all levels, final negotiations, and closing. All aspects of the sales process must be handled efficiently and fully documented.
- Accurate sales forecasting:
- Effectively manage the business pipeline to ensure accurate forecasting in Salesforce.
- Have a minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably in an international business environment within the information services industry.
- Fluency in Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo would be an advantage.
- Have an extensive commercial track record in developing clients and establishing a trusted advisor relationship.
- Have strong relationship management skills: the ability to make senior level presentations, strong negotiation and selling skills as well as a results-oriented mindset.
- Be a self-motivated and energetic individual, a successful negotiator and results oriented.
- Be prepared to travel around the region frequently and work autonomously as and when required.
- Have a proven track record in collaborating with different internal teams to achieve commercial success.
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment in resource utilisation and optimisation.
- Be passionate about growing the business and have a genuine interest in developing and growing yourself.
- Show effective organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage your workload effectively.
- Be proficient in the use of CRM systems. Salesforce experience would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online