Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centered care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey, not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra. We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team in the following position:
- Job Position: Account Officer
- Job Location: Port- Harcourt, Rivers
- Reports to: Accountant
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage account receivable and payables
- Manage billings and invoicing
- Prepare weekly and monthly revenue and expense reports
- Maintain petty cash and general ledger
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement
- Filing of statutory deductions such as PAYE, VAT, and WHT
- Establish and implement financial procedures and ensure that the financial reporting mechanisms are in line with organizational requirements and policies.
- Recording and reconciliation of project recoveries and income recognition.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring.
- Monitoring of the petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on need.
- Ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management for records
- Disbursement of cash advances and reconciliation to ensure recovery.
- Prepare payroll and benefits control of salary payments to staff, including tax liabilities.
- Reconciling and monitoring expenses, subsistence allowances, mobile phone usage, etc.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Manage cheque run and record all cheques
- Support in preparation of financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the line manager
- Minimum of HND/ B.Sc in Accounting
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Ability to use accounting software like QuickBooks and Peachtree.
- Working Knowledge of EMR is an advantage
- Good Reporting Skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience in an accounting role
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management and business development
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have the excellent interpersonal skill
11th January 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and CV to email@example.com
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title- location e.g “Accounts Officer-Port Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.