Vovida Communications Limited is a Pan-African Telecommunications Company founded with a mission of enhancing the quality of life by providing competitively state-of-the-art ICT/Telecommunications services.
Job Position: Account Officer
Job Location: Wuse II, Abuja (FCT)
- Develop/update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and strategies for the Company
- Develop the Company’s annual plans, budgets, forecasts and financial performance metrics to guide business operations and strategy execution
- Establishes company-wide standards for systems, data and processes. Develops, updates and guides the implementation of finance SOPs for the company
- Designs and guides the implementation of a sound accounting framework and compliance with tax and other statutory provisions
- Assists in the development and maintenance of sound financial controls across the company operations
- Coordinates the proper capturing of financial transactions and consolidation of the company’s accounts from all business units and functions
- Prepares accurate, comprehensive and timely financial and management information including tax, cash flow, management accounts and other statutory accounts
- Coordinates the preparation of the company’s financial reports
- Manages the statutory reporting process, including setting timetables and providing guidelines
- Maintains ongoing liaison with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organizations, auditors, solicitors, banks etc.
- Prepares Letters of Credit for approval and forwards them to the bank to facilitate the importation of products
- Oversees the computation and remittance of taxes, payment of insurance premiums and other statutory fees
- Provides technical training, guidance and advice on financial accounting issues, developments and trends
- Reviews weekly reports submitted by various departments/functional units and presents timely reports to the MD
- Assists the MD in financial risk management and control
- Maintains established work schedule
- Acts as custodian of the company’s petty cash
- Reviews staff requisitions and other payments to check compliance to the petty cash policy
- Distributes vendor and staff disbursements to approved petty cash requisitions
- Maintains accurate records of petty cash requests and disbursements
- Processes expense retirement ledgers to ensure proper accountability of all cash advances to staff
- Prepares reconciliation of petty cash daily and before replenishments
- Prepares daily and weekly collections and payments summary reports
- Files all payment and collection documents in a chronology order
- Responds to queries regarding approvals, payment limits and deadlines for retirements etc.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with 3 – 5 years of work experience.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- ICAN/ACCA certified
- Time management
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good leadership and team-building skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality;
- Attention to details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – written and spoken
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Office Suite (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
27th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Account Officer- Abuja” as the subject of the mail.