Afobec produces quality purified drinking sachets and bottled water. It supplies to customers wholesale. It’s customers include hotels, eateries, fast food, pop-shop resellers, and individual bulk buyers. At the heart of Afobec is a grassroots movement for empowerment to better the health and life of people in society.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Ubahadara, Nempi, Oru West LGA – Imo
- The Accountant will be responsible for helping the company make critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, and correcting the company’s finances.
- You are responsible for financial audits, reconciling bank statements, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year.
- Prepare and publish accurate and timely financial statements including statements of financial position, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Ensure all tax is calculated and remitted and all receipts and certificates are obtained and filed properly
- Approve payments and invoices for the purchase of office supplies in accordance with company policy.
- Accept payments and issue receipts for orders made
- Liaise with the admin officer to prepare monthly payroll including all calculations and deductions.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Organize internal audits periodically.
- Report any suspected case of fraud to the management without bias
- Prepare and present budget reports and cash flow projections
- Support and lead the organization in preparing an annual budget
- Coordinate with external auditors to deliver various audit requirements. Ensure recommendations and internal audit queries are effectively implemented.
- Minimum of B.S.c or BA in Accounting. (M.S.c in Accounting will be an added advantage) .
- 3-5 years of proven experience as an accountant. (Experience in a manufacturing organization is highly preferred.
- Certifications like ICAN, ANAN, or ACCA are a must or must be at the final stages of any of the mentioned.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks, QuickBooks, or its equivalent.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Understanding of numbers and mathematical calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Strong knowledge of applicable tax laws for VAT, pensions, etc.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and periodicals.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- A high sense of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- Sound presentation skills
We expect that for this role, there should be:
- Smooth day-to-day financial operations in the company
- Accurate reports for decision-making by the Manager and Managing Director
- Increase in company profit
- This job requires constant sitting in the office and heavy use of computers.
Job Perks And Compensation
- N100,000 (net) per monthly salary
- Health Insurance (HMO)
- Year-End Bonus (Christmas Bonus).
4 December, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume and a Cover Letter stating why they are the best person for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.