BBOXX is generating impact by improving customers’ quality of life through the provision of affordable, clean and reliable energy solutions. Today, we offer pay-as-you-go solar power. Our aim is to expand rapidly to provide other modern utility services, such as cooking, internet access and water. We are constantly searching and realising innovative solutions to provide the best value services to our customers.
At the heart of BBOXX is our pioneering management platform, called BBOXX Pulse, which continuously collects data and insights, enabling us to provide our services to previously unreachable populations. BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 solar home systems, with a strong presence in Rwanda, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Togo. BBOXX have over 600 employees across 9 global offices in Rwanda, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Togo, with its head office in the UK and its manufacturing operations based in China.
Job Title: Accountant
Job ID: req1143
Reports To: Country MD (and Group Finance)
- The accountant is primarily responsible for maintaining the company’s key accounting records and ensuring all postings are made to the ledger in a timely and accurate manner. They also have responsibility for local tax compliance; preparation for payment runs and cash flow forecasting. The position will be a key supporting role as Bboxx Energy Access Nigeria rapidly expands.
About the Role
- Accurately recording day to day transactions.
- Verifying that transactions are recorded in the correct account and cost centre.
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner.
- Processing payments and conducting banking activities.
- Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements, intercompany reconciliation, mobile money, tax account, receivables and payables sub-ledger.
- All sale and purchase orders are posted accurately to the ledger in the correct period with the correct cost centre assigned.
- All payments and receipts are posted accurately in the correct period and assigned to the correct purchase or sale order.
- Mobile money payment transactions are fully posted in the correct period and mobile money payment accounts reconcile at the end of the month.
- Updated cash balances on a daily basis to give visibility on cash position to management. Identify liquidity issues and highlight to management where the action is required.
- Reconciliation and maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Petty cash transactions are fully posted in the correct period and petty cash accounts reconcile at the end of the month. Ensure that all petty cash transactions have supporting documentation and follow up with the owners of cost centers and management where this is not the case.
- Local taxes (VAT, WHT and any other tax) are declared and paid in the correct periods and no penalties are incurred.
- Taxes are declared in the correct period and reconcile with the declaration and ledger.
- 12-week cash flow forecast updated for expected payments and receipts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary.
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, Nigerian tax law, and general ledger.
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience working in management accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Part completed one of the following professional qualifications: ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Experience using ERP or SAP accounting software.
- Understanding accounting best practices.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online