BP Business Solutions Africa – We are HR Business Partners providing Best Practice business solutions to our clients through Brilliant Performance and Burning Passion for what we do. We are NOT HR consultants. We do NOT see ourselves as consultants. We prefer to see ourselves as your HR Business Partners working for you from outside your organization.
Job Position: Tax Accountant
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- We have been engaged by one of our clients, a leading FMCG company to source for a Tax Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring monthly remittance of taxes, and compliance on VAT, WHT, PAYE, Pension, NSITF, Union and Coop deductions.
- Monthly provisions for minimum tax and additional PAYE.
- Monthly compliance on VAT, WHT, PAYE, Pension, NSITF, Union and Coop deductions, ensure correct deductions and calculations have been inputed into the system.
- Review all calculations, prepare schedule for payment and Payment instruction where applicable, file monthly returns on FIRS portal and get evidence of payment from bank, provide schedules of pension deduction to all PFAs
- Manage audits for different state parastatals ITF, OYIRS, different arms of FIRS, LIRS, NSITF, NEPC etc
- Response to various official tax notices requesting for information or providing clarifications
- Liase with tax consultants and government officials on various issues Certificate on QCE, Export grant, Transfer pricing etc
- Obtain Employees’ annual TCC
- Negotiation of fees with external consultant on all issues not limited to tax and audits
- Ensure closures of all pending audits, make payment of any additional liabilities
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by the Chief Accountant or may come up during the month or year.
Key Performance Indicators
- Accuracy and timeliness of reports as per deadlines
- Managing Tax Cost
- Managing Tax risk (Financial & Reputational)
- Managing efficiency and effectiveness
- Conclude Annual report in line with agreed time-table
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 2 – 3 years work experience.
- Analytical Background on VAT, WHT, PAYE, Pension, NSITF, and CIT.
- Strong Technical skills to analyze business transaction and tax consequences.
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of complex tax laws.
- Stay up-to-date with new & changing tax policies.
- Accounting including IFRS, SAP and Local GAAP.
- Analytical background computer skills: Ms Windows, including intermediate Excel and word, and basic Power point and Access; SAP(or the equivalent) experience.
31st January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Tax Accountant – Ibadan” as the subject of the mail.