Deepwater Engineering Limited (DEL) is a multi-discipline service provider formed by experienced professionals with years of direct experience within the major offshore Oil and Gas industry. The management has extensive experience of providing quality services in its areas of expertise.
Originally specialised in underwater NDT and inspection of offshore drilling rigs, shipping vessels, platforms and FPSO for classification societies such as ABS, DNV, BV, Lloyds, etc. Since then, we have expanded our services to carry out all types of Offshore and Onshore construction, inspection, salvage, support and maintenance.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and maintenance of periodic financial reports and records.
- Prepare for and review annual audit work papers and ensure adjustments journals are passed to agree the company’s books and records with the audited financial statements.
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations,
- Ensure that policies and procedures set by Company are implemented and internal controls are operating effectively.
- Ensure that all accounting systems and procedures are in line with the International Accounting Standards and IFRS.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties.
- Maintain an efficient and effective fixed assets system covering the day-to-day recording and control over the company’s fixed assets.
- Ensure Audit report recommendations are followed up and implemented according to the company’s procedures.
- Preparation of monthly Management reports of Profit & Loss accounts, Balance Sheet, Cash flow, balances of individual third parties and staff.
- Ensuring timely rendition of statutory returns to government agencies.
- Ensure and supervises the documentation of Asset.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations and presenting strategies to the management.
- Responsible for legally minimizing tax liabilities through the informed application of tax laws and regulations.
- Establish appropriate systems or processes for tax risk management for the Group.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Other internal and external audit and tax-related functions.
- Monthly VAT returns on FIRS Tax Promax platform, on/before 21st of month following.
- Annual audited accounts/Company Income Tax computations on/before six months after accounting year-end of Deepwater Engineering limited.
9th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only of shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.