Ella & Black Associates Limited – Our client, Valuemedia Advertising Limited, a Media Advertising company in Lagos, Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
About our Client
- ValueMedia Limited, is a technology and Media Advertising solutions provider that was formed to with one purpose in mind: to take the productivity of start-ups and small businesses in Nigeria to the next level with technology! We are passionate about using technology to drive productivity in Nigerian businesses to such levels where they will successfully compete on a regional or continental level without resorting to costly and unsustainable models of growth.
- At ValueMedia Limited, we help you make use of easy, inexpensive technology tools that will help grow your business. Our objective is to quarterly launch unique IT innovations which will change the way business is being done in Nigeria, launching novel services which will have direct impact on individuals, corporate bodies, and government agencies.
- Our IT Services influences several sectors of the economy which include Education, Banking, Aviation, Real Estate, Information Technology (ICT), Manufacturing, Agriculture, and Insurance.
- Our headquarters is located in Lagos and we have a branch office in Abuja.
Job Position: Accountant at ValueMedia Limited
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. The Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Job Position Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backup when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing budget forecasts
- Processing tax payments and returns
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital, non-verbal) with a diverse set of employees in a way that builds trust, shows genuine care and respect for the whole person, and demonstrates generous listening.
- Get work done through cooperation with other groups with no direct reporting relationship to the position
- Self-starter, with proven ability to produce results within budget and time deadlines
- Minimum of 3 years Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks, QuickBooks and SAGE
- Advanced MS Excel skills including V lookup and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (ICAN or ACCA) is a plus
8th September 2021
How to Apply
Are you the right fit? We would love to hear from you.
Please contact us at [email protected] and use Accountant: “Your name” e.g. Accountant: “James Smith” as the subject title of your email.