Equinor Nigeria is an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind, and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality, and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Job Title: Accountant
By joining our team in CFO FCoE you will have the opportunity to:
- Handle invoice verification and payment processing
- Assist in personal and corporate taxes reconciliation and remittance
- Populate monthly and quarterly schedules required by regulators
- Support the crude oil lifting documentation process
- Prepare Joint Interest Billing statements for operating licenses in line with the Joint Operating Agreements (JOAs)
- Provide support for JV and statutory audits
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as required
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements for the company’s bank accounts
- Take part in other ad-hoc projects/tasks.
For this position, we are also looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Relevant professional accounting qualification – ICAN, CIMA, or ACCA preferably
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant experience preferably in an E&P upstream business environment, including operated Joint Ventures
- Knowledge of oil & gas development and production in Nigeria
- Experience in personal and corporate taxation
- Strong IT skills required – SAP, Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) – deep proficiency in working with MS Excel will be a strong advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to proactively perform well in a multitasking working environment
- Ability to perform individually and in a team environment
- Structured, collaborative, process, and solution-oriented.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor:
- You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous, and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow.
- You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture.
19th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates, and grades in English or a Scandinavian language.
- Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
- If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
- Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
- All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.