The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in partnership with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) of the United Nations is desirous of using part of the Credit to engage the services of individuals for the FGN / IFAD-VCDP (VCDP AF1) for the management and implementation of the programme in the nine (9) participating states of Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogj, Nassrawa, Taraba, Niger and Ogun.
Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby solicited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to participate in the FGN / IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (YCDP AF1) within the capacity below:
- Job Position: Senior Accountant
- Job Location: Abuja
Details of the Contract
- Two-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD.
- The Senior Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Financial Controller.
- The Senior Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Financial Controller in close collaboration with the State Accountants for the implementation of accounting systems consistent with international accounting standards and principles and Government requirements to ensure proper use of funds in line with the respective legal agreements.
- Prepare Programme’s Financial Statements on:
- Ensure accurary of computations and completeness of payment request at the NPMU in terms of:
- Receiving approval for payments
- Uploading of payment on remittal platform
- Checking of retirements by staff
- Checking of contract documents for completeness and implementation support
- Check vouchers coming from the participating States for completeness:
- Account payables
- Goods received and issued to user departments
- Participate in financial management monitoring in the participating States and visits to sites.
- Checking of postings and generation of reports on flexible accounting software for correctness/completeness of entries in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- Facilitate preparation, processing and replenishment, reimbursement or direct payment of SOF,s and Withdrawal Applications in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- Any other tasks that might be assigned to him/her by the Financial Controller.
- First Degree in Accountancy or relevant
- Professional qualification in Accountancy
- Minimum of five (3) years post-qualification work experience Familiarity with Flexible Accounting Softwage
- Must be computer literate
- Experienced working with Donor Assisted Projects and firms is an added advantage
- Possession of professional qualifications in Accounting is an added advantage
- Good knowledge / experience of rural development challenges and dynamics
- Note: Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.
12Noon; 4th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Officers under FGN / IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should indude a CV and an application letter with cover letter suited for the position being applied for. The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aininu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.