Gate and Carter is a real estate company that bridges the gap between Real Estate and peace of mind for a client – to find a dream home or boost investment portfolio. It is interested in building and delivering affordable “smart” homes with “smart” features such as Alexa Intelligence, keyless doors, motion censor lights, CCTV, etc. The “smart” is the uniqueness of our brand.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements, and calculating tax payments and returns, previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes are important. You will provide us with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity, and cash flows of our business while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Publish financial statements on time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements).
- Forecast costs and revenues.
- Manage tax payments.
- Organize internal audits.
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department).
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, or relevant degree.
- Work experience as an Accountant.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting/ tax regulations and procedures.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks, Sage, QuickBooks, etc.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Additional certification (ICAN, ACCA) is essential.
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail.
- Time-management abilities.
- Preferably a female.
30th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Kindly use Cover Letter as the body of the email.
- Candidates must reside on the Island, particularly around Lekki and Ajah axis.