Greensprings School was established in January 1985. As a result of our rich curriculum and the excellent academic performance of our students over the years, our school has become one of the most sought-after international schools in Lagos and all over Nigeria. At Greensprings, we understand how boys and girls grow and learn. Therefore, we use a modern curriculum that makes learning easy for our students. Furthermore, all our teachers are certified, and our classes are equipped with state-of-art learning facilities.
Although we are one of the few British international schools in Nigeria that strictly run a British curriculum, we are proudly Nigerians. While we train our students to become global citizens, we celebrate the values and heritage of Nigeria. We adopt the Montessori Method in our Preschool; the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) in our Elementary School; theNational British Curriculum, which is designed to effectively prepare our students for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)examination, in our Secondary School; and theInternational Baccalaureate Diploma Programmein our Sixth Form.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Anthony, Lagos
- Contributes to the financial operations and financial reporting functions.
- Expected to work with other finance leaders in providing timely and accurate information for decision-making.
- Involved in billing processes and interaction with parents and other external and internal stakeholders, manages accounts receivables and ensures timely collections, ensures compliance with policies, budgetary, and other financial controls around accounts payables.
- Participates in month-end closing activities and preparation of monthly reports.
- Supports the preparation of statutory reports and liaises with external auditors and other consultants.
- Perform bank reconciliations for major accounts.
- Closely supervise petty cash management.
- Oversee documentation management and ensure adequate supporting documents exist for all transactions
- Prepare periodic account analysis
- Participate in the preparation of management accounts and/or supporting schedules
- Participate in the timely generation of accurate school bills for all students
- Ensure regular update of Students Records as and when due
- Review Account Receivable processes and ensures policy compliance
- Ensure timely collection of receivables for assigned sections
- Review Accounts payable processes and ensure prompt settlement of approved bills
- Monitor statutory payments and advise management on prompt settlement
- Provide inputs for the development of improved accounting controls, policies and, procedures
- Ensure proper coordination of activities within the assigned team
- Ensure adequate customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Support the external audit process
- Evaluate the performance of the team and make necessary recommendations
- Perform research and analysis to support decision-making as may be required
- Other tasks may be assigned by the line manager
- Degree in Accounting or Finance related course.
- Professional Accounting Qualification – ICAN / ACCA.
- At least 5 years of cognate finance experience (some experience in the educational system will be an added advantage)
- Experienced in various sub-sections of the Finance function e.g., Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Treasure Management, Financial Reporting, Payroll
- Experience in a successful ERP implementation process will be an added advantage
- Deep accounting knowledge, working knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, Finance leading practices
- Advanced excel/data analysis skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Proficiency in MS applications and several accounting applications/ERPs
- Highly driven
- Attention to details
- Leadership and Organizational skills
- Good project management skills.
11th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.