The Learning Place School is an inclusive Montessori school for boys and girls aged 1 – 12 years. At TLP, we know that your child’s education and well being are of primary concern. Our teachers love what they do and stop at nothing to get ultimate learner outcomes.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- Weekly filing of receipts, correspondences and payment vouchers in a clear, orderly and accessible manner.
- Preparing the weekly report of activities in the Account unit.
- Prepares Inventory Reports
- Attends accounting meetings on behalf of the school.
- Engages in any other financial assignment assigned by the Director as the need arises or any other duty related to the nature of the post.
- Participating in the preparing of necessary documents for financial audits by external auditors.
- Participates in Accounts audits interviews.
- Raising invoices for vendors, parents and students
- Receiving payment and issuing receipts
- Tracking payments
- Issuing paid and unpaid list to relevant departments in time
- Working with students, vendors and Parents to assist with financial advice to facilitate TLP’s activities.
Accounts Reconciliation and Postings:
- Confirmation of students balances, including daily update of paid & unpaid reports.
- Prepares daily and monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Posting of all vouchers and invoices including pending ones.
- Regular postings and reconciliation of bank balances.
- Raises payment vouchers i.e. initiate the bank payment procedure to suppliers/contractors after appropriate approval.
- Cashing of cheques and payments of bills.
- Salaries Compilation:
- Compile attendance and prepares staff payroll.
- Preparation and dispatch of monthly payslips (this is done day before salaries are paid in each month).
- Computation of Monthly PAYE.
- Computation of Monthly Pension.
Requisitions and Petty Cash:
- Preparing and raising weekly requisitions after having ascertained the authenticity of requests and checking all payment vouchers raised before presentation to the Director for authorised endorsement.
- Raising request for petty cash reimbursement.
- Handles the disbursement of petty cash payments to vendors and other users after receiving appropriate approval from the Director
- Obtains and files receipts from vendors
- Writing of cheques for expenses.
- Assesses /evaluates quotations received from contractors, suppliers and third parties with a view to:
- Ensure best value for money.
- Adhere to budget of the school and seek approval of the Director and such other supplementary budgets as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure budget limits are not exceeded or if they are, to ensure excess spending is duly approved by the Director, prior to commitment.
- Ensure integrity of all payment and receipt functions.
Internal Control Duties:
- Inventory of stock and record keeping of store items.
- Verification of accuracy of items in Administrative Office’s requisition.
- Verification of job completion
- Verification of purchases.
- Reconciliation of purchases and stock.
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree, up to 3 years’ experience and be digitally savvy.
Friday; 14th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title (e.g. Accountant) as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.