Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid. Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small installments using mobile money or other fintech solutions.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
As an Accountant, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying and entering transactions.
- Preparing and verifying payment instructions
- Reconciling bank balances to ensure effective control over the financial information
- Preparing and checking of sales orders
- Review and ensure Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Assist with preparing monthly/quarterly financial analysis packets for management
- Provide general accounting support
- Help with accounts receivable management
- Review and reconcile general ledger entries on the accounting system.
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Support the financial controller in the preparation of monthly performance reports.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with affiliates.
- Prepare and coordinate tasks for audit activities, including statutory audit and tax audit
- Manage insurance of asset including claims process.
- Maintain detailed fixed asset register and prepare monthly fixed asset summary schedule
- Ensure compliance with statutory and internal guidelines and regulations.
- Efficient management of the vendor payment process
- Assist in the budget preparation and monitoring process.
20th January, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Careers@lumos.com.ng using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.