PalmPay is an Africa-focused fintech firm, launched in 2019. PalmPay is a mobile payments platform that offers a number of financial services.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Ikeja GRA, Lagos
- The Accountant is responsible for timely recording of all business expenses from various business units.
- The position is responsible for interacting and communicating with internal and external clientele and ensuring their operations are not unnecessarily jeopardized by responding aptly to authorized requests.
- The position is also responsible for monthly review and reconciliation of accounts payable and receivable.
- Authorize all expense vouchers in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure accurate and timely daily recordkeeping and accounting systems of payment vouchers and classified in accordance with company policy.
- Daily check, reconciliation, update and correction of transaction postings as appropriate; promptly attend to reported reconciling items from cashier team.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable ledgers at month end.
- Create visibility into expense drivers through robust reporting and analysis; perform other account analysis and reconciliations as may be required.
- Assist with providing documentation for external auditor requests; perform account analysis and reconciliations as may be required.
- Supervise, manage and train subordinates.
- Identify and implement processes improvements in the expense accounting process; establish work flow procedures and policies, develop Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for all processes within the job role.
Posting of vouchers 30%:
- Ensure instantaneous posting of all authorized payment vouchers with zero error rate.
- Ensure all invoices / vouchers are processed same day received.
- Raise correcting journal entries for accounting errors same day such journal is requested or error noted.
Account Reconciliation 30%:
- Complete check of all previous day’s postings for accuracy and reclassification, not later than 10:30 am.
- Complete reconciliation of accounts payable and receivable ledgers at day 1 of month-end closing.
Data Analysis and Process Improvement 20%:
- File off all book closing specifications not later than 5th day of a new month.
- Submit monthly expense drivers report not later than 8th day of a new month.
- Draw out SOP for all expense accounting processes and submit for review and approval not later than end of February, 2018
Key Behavioural Competencies:
Continuous Improvement 20%:
- Set and work to meet challenging goals. Strive for improvements which are a definite stretch.
- Organizational commitment and alignment
- Balance own achievement drive with the interests of the organization. A good team player.
- Accountability – self and others
- Monitor performance against plans, standards, objectives and behavior. Listen to others and can be relied upon.
- Right action and result-oriented
- Take initiative in defining and resolving problems. Be pro-active.
Competencies and Attributes
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skill.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all business units across the company.
- Ability to work together in a team setting.
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skill.
- Must have good mathematical and Microsoft Office (excel, word) skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, can undertake pressure
- Work experience in well-known companies is preferred, under the age of 30
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online