The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job Position: Regional Accountant
Job Location: Abuja
- Review and process payments accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize MSH’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize MSH’s cash exposure.
- Record transactions into financial system (QBO) accurately and timely.
- Conduct month and year-end accounting activities accurately and in compliance with MSH and Donor policies and procedures.
- Upload financial data accurately & timely on online payment platforms for onward approval and payment.
- Perform bank reconciliations and ensure that outstanding items are addressed.
- Ensure that financial data between QBO and Cost Point Financials is reconciled weekly/monthly.
- Ensure accuracy and Completeness of Employee, Vendor, contractor setup details in countries to support effortless quarterly CSI/Fed Checks.
- Perform monthly reconciliation between QBO and CP Trial balances and flag exceptions and recommend corrective actions
- Maintain regular and robust filing of all country offices Bank accounts details on SharePoint.
- Send monthly notification to Country office (CO) for submission of Monthly fund request
- Support Bank Account signatories amendment (removal and addition) of CO banking operations
- Collate, review and submit Country office monthly fund request to HQ treasury for fund transfer to COs
- Maintain the CO Fund Request Smart Sheet Tracker by ensuring correct bank account information and sending notifications to COs
- Review and analyze country cash position to ensure compliance with stipulated MSH KPI Benchmark and advise on necessary adjustment to monthly fund request
- Provide timely troubleshooting support to QBO and CP users in country offices.
- Carry out monthly close of QBO companies after monthly account submission
- Conduct routine spot check of QuickBooks transactions and provide feedback to Country offices
- Performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Maintain the Global Service Unit (GSU) service desk platform ensuring that there is timely and quality response to users.
- Organize and facilitate Country Office capacity building and onboarding activities to ensure there is transfer of skills to Country Finance and Accounting staff
- Support the facilitation of training session on MSH policies and procedures
- Ensure the accuracy of Statutory and termination benefits across MSH offices in accordance with local laws and MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all timesheet recording and reporting are in alignment with the MSH policies and procedures, as well as Donor requirements and local country laws.
- Conduct routine spot checks and control checks throughout the period.
- Ensure that all finance and accounting operations are in alignment with the vision and direction of MSH, Donor requirements and local country laws
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting or any related field.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (Completed or in progress)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an accounting related role in a similar work or organization. Experience working in a multicultural context is a plus.
- Prior work experience with U. S. Government and non-USG, foundations, or other donors.
- Experience in the use of accounting software/ERP e.g., QuickBooks, Cost Point
- Good account reconciliation skills, including bank accounts, advance accounts and payroll related liability accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyse balance sheet and expense account transactions and post required adjusting/allocation journal entries. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel), word processing. Understanding of the tenets of cash control and asset management and must be able to complete timely and accurate account reconciliations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online