UnoCasa is a full service Human Resources Consultancy business with focus on Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Consultancy services. Our raison d’etre is the notion that your people are your advantage and proffer people-centric solutions to ensure your team accomplish your business goals.
We are not your run-of-the-mill HR Company, we believe in team diversity and teamwork; we believe that the workplace should have an ambience that inspires the productivity of the team; and the application of technologies to enhance efficiency. We know that every business is unique and tailor HR solutions to your organization’s needs. Our clients are in various sectors not limited to engineering, education, health oil & gas, government, media, finance, retail, lifestyle, consultancy firms and services
Job Position: Chief Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- To manage company financials and accounts with respect to petty cash, client invoicing, country Taxes, documentation for transactions, monthly accounting reports, expenses / back charging, budgeting and cash requests
Support the daily expenses of the organization, including the management of the petty cash, supplier invoices, preparation of monthly expenses report:
- Petty Cash: Prepare a monthly fund request based on operational needs,
- Manage the petty cash and record the movements in Excel. Obtain all supporting documentation for all transactions. Prepare a monthly accounting report and communicate it to finance team in Monaco.
- Manage the supplier payment requests and back charging vouchers: weekly summary of invoice to pay with back charging information to be sent along with supporting documents.
- Manage budgeting and cash requesting if cash levels are low.
- Develop financial plan and provide financial advisory support to Management and Board
- Develop matrices that monitor Profit and Cost Units
- Intercompany Account Management: Manages the intercompany accounts with partners and shipowners
- Foreign Exchange Coordination: Sources for foreign exchange from reputable sources and competitive rates for the company
- Supplier Management: Follow up on credit terms obtained from suppliers and ensures company meets those credit terms
- Credit Control: Monitors client invoicing processes and DSOs. Maintain relationships with staff of client’s organizations in the finance/accounts departments
- Government Authorities: Ensures company makes payments for all licences, permits and tariffs before expiration
- Budget: Prepares Annual budget in conjunction with Head office and also monitors budget performance
- Taxation: Manage the tax consultant hired by company and ensure all tax payments are budgeted for and payments with companies Tax clearance certificates always up to date
- Audit: Work closely with Head Office and external auditors for audits
- PO Management – Develop and maintain the PO structure
- Maintain, monitor and review all files held by the organization including the input and retrieval of information, as and when required:
- Supplier invoices,
- All mails and documentation in order to support invoicing to customers (food provision, hotel, signature on official vessel document like presence sheet)
- Keep clear and tidy records of all financial documentation (filing of invoices, tax and legal documentation)
- Deduction from supplier payments: gather official documentation and table recapitulative to monitor and communicate monthly to partner.
- VAT to prepare upon start.
- CIT: Declaration, supporting document.
- Visit clients and customers to improve cash recovery.
- Support and assist with the operational management of the office, including liaising with suppliers, building administrator as and when required (focal point between suppliers and operational/financial management).
- Set up and operate an appropriate administrative system to ensure smooth running of the office.
- Be the main contact with the local bank/s, providing local support to treasury team in Head Office.
- Work on SAGE accounting software as appropriate.
- Assist in other matters assigned by the immediate superior and/or the Management.
- Finance / Accounting Diploma / Degree with approximately 4-5 years of study
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the Shipping or Oil and Gas Industry, but not essential.
- Must be a Chartered accountant registered with ICAN or ACCA
- Professional certification in Taxation
- Must speak reasonable level of English
20th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Ensure you read the Job Description before clicking on the link. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.