Virgin-landmarts is a Nigerian real estate company headquartered in Lagos. Established to solve the dearth in global housing ownership as well adding value to individual and organization on a timely and consistent basis. Our core business include Real Estate, Building construction with modern architectural design and property management. We are a team of highly skilled professionals, trained and equipped with the necessary tools to distinguish ourselves in the Real Estate industry.
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a full-time real estate accountant to join our expanding team!
- You’ll be responsible for keeping our financial records organized, including tracking accounts payable and receivable, and ensuring that each account is reconciled correctly
- This is an opportunity to bring order to our growing real estate office and see tangible results from your work on a daily basis!
- Our ideal candidate takes pride in their detailed bookkeeping work and contributing to the greater success of the team.
- If this sounds like a job you’d love, start your application today!
- Create detailed journal entries and post them to the general ledger (GL) to track all income statements and expenses
- Handle all accounts payable and receivable on a daily basis to make sure each invoice and expense report is accurate
- Reconcile all business accounts to ensure our records match up and no transaction gets lost
- Enter financial data into computer software, making sure all bills and invoices are filed correctly
- Facilitate all incoming payments and outgoing cheque including printing, obtaining signatures for, and distributing cheque as necessary
- Follow up with vendors for accounts payable and keep in touch as needed for collections and ensure bills are paid on time
- Prepare for quarterly reporting using standard best practices and assist in monthly closings
- Assist the team or other staff with accounting duties as needed.
- High School Diploma required, a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is highly valued
- Experience in accounting, real estate accounting, or property accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong Excel skills and experience with accounting software, such as Quickbooks
- Proficient in excel usage and software
- Solid written and verbal communication skills is a must.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position applied for in CAPITAL Letter as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates must reside in Lagos preferably within these regions (Festac Town, Mile 2, Satellite Town, Ojo Town, Igando, Abule-Ado and environs).